Surgical tools detection

 This week I was training the Surgical Tools Detection model. The dataset was taken from here.


To train the model and prepare it for inference I was using Roboflow. Roboflow is a robust web-platform for collecting datasets, training models and running them into production.

Training

I have split the data on 69/21/10 for train, val and test sets. Graphs with training metrics is shown below
Train / val metrics
To be more precise, on test set the model has 93.8% precision with 90% recall and 96.4% mAP.  It is considered as a high performance and means that the model can be used in production.

Inference

Roboflow itself provides multiple ways for inference. I could use web-API method (requests are sent to the server and the model sends back predictions), but to make it more flexible, I prefer python-package method. It can be easily imported to the main project of LibreHealth and run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summing up my GSoC experience

How can we "simulate" VR?