Bounding boxes and distortion

 This week I was mainly focused on the ways to distort bounding boxes. Unfortunately, albuminations do not provide the functionality of distorting bounding-boxes. That is why I have had to experiment with different approach.


Changing nothing

The very first approach I have used was simple: I have just distorted the image, without changing the bounding boxes. And actually, it did work (but for objects that are in the center only). 

Distorting coordinates

I was using an approach from this post on OpenCV blog. It suggest a way to redistort points. Actually, it is better than changing nothing.


Ellipse

Another approach was to simply change coordinates to the form of an ellipse (x and y of the center + radii). This approach was proposed in this paper.  In the paper, this approach has beaten the original box method, but I believe that to use it in the project, manual annotations are required.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summing up my GSoC experience

How can we "simulate" VR?

Surgical tools detection